Setting Business in Hong Kong

Enqiry Now

Or contact our accountants on (852) 3180-7878.

FAQ > Setting Business in Hong Kong > A05

Q: Would government support for companies? View : 106

Hong Kong offers generous support to help companies set up and expand

There are various programmes designed to help overseas and local Hong Kong company including SMEs set up in Hong Kong. These include:

• Incubator programmes
• Loan guarantees
• Funds for marketing

Incubator programmes

The Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks incubator scheme provides subsidized office space, consultancy services, investment matching and a small financial aid package to support R&D.

The DesignSmart Initiative provides up to HK$100,000 funding for SMEs to invest in design projects.

The Design Incubation Programme (DIP) provides office space for design tenants and other professional support.

The incubation programmes run by Hong Kong's Cyberport help creative digital media SMEs and start-ups realize their ideas and build their business.

Financial aid for equipment and marketing

The SME Loan Guarantee Scheme (SGS) secures loans of up to HK$6 million for companies that need working equipment or business capital.

The SME Export Marketing Fund (EMF) helps companies participate in overseas exhibitions and business missions and to place B2B advertising. It can fund up to 50 percent of approved expenditure, up to HK$50,000 per application.

The SME Financing Guarantee Scheme can provide guarantee coverage of 50–70 percent on loans up to HK$12 million.
The CreateSmart Initiative provides financial support to SMEs in the creative industries, funding them to build their brand through participation in overseas exhibitions and competitions.

Technology and Innovation funding

The Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) supports companies to upgrade their technology and inject innovative ideas into their business.

The Small Entrepreneur Research Assistance Programme (SERAP) provides funding for R&D of technologies that can be brought to market within two years

Share this Question :
Related Questions :